5 tips to help keep your cakes moist, from baking & storing, these tips will help you stop your cakes from drying out, because no one enjoy eating sawdust 🙊
1. Don’t overbake your cake, i’d suggest buying an oven thermometer
2. Use baking strips, it will protect the outside of the cake & slow down the browning of the crust, so it doesnt dry out before the centre of the cake is done
3. Done underestimate the importance of sugar, sugar is hygroscopic, which means it attracts water & has ability to hold it
4. If in doubt, syrup it. if you just want to make sure your cake stays moist during the decorating process, you can brush each layer with a simple sugar syrup.
5. Store it correctly, if you don’t store your cake properly, then it can lose moisture very quickly.
Happy baking 🙌
Categories: DIY Cakes